Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Southern Nights

I know that I am a Hoosier (and darn proud of it!), but I think I am a true Southern girl at heart.

 
I like long nights with a cool glass of sweet tea.  The only real kind of tea.
Image found here.
I live in my blue jeans.  And having at least one plaid shirt in the closet is a must.

I break out my boots whenever I get a chance, but apparently never get good photos of them.
 
I like my gentlemen callers (AKA my husband) to have manners and charm.  A military man, no matter how Northern, will do.
 
I like my music country (as well as a lot of others), I like the great outdoors, and nothing beats watching the sunset on a big wrap around porch with a pup in your lap, wrapped around in a blanket on a cool, fall eve.  As much as I love my home in Indiana (Hoosier Hospitality is a close second), and the big cities of Chicago and NYC, I had a fabulous, better than expected time on our most recent trips to Kentucky and Tennessee.  If we don't get to go back overseas I hope for a new home in the South.  You here that, Air Force?  I'll take Charleston next, pleaseandthankyou.

5 comments:

Jen said...

I LOVE sweet tea, that is the one thing I miss about living in the South.

Jamie said...

That picture of you with the phone booth is so cute! Thanks for linking up!

Nikki said...

such a cute post!

Laura Darling said...

I wish we had sweet tea up here! I had the real thing once on a vacation and it was amazing! Up here, in Philadelphia, when you order sweet tea, they give you Nestea from the fountain machine with some sugar packets. :(

LWLH said...

Love the pic of your and the phone booth....made me giggle.