Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

True advice, for reals.
Yes, I know it is only Wednesday and not actually Thanksgiving, but because my parents moved to the middle of nowhere, Indiana from my fabulous hometown of Indianapolis, and therefore do not have any internet of any kind (please pray for me), you get this post today.

This year, in spite of all its challenges and frustrations (at times), I am thankful for so many things:

I am thankful that my husband made it back from his third deployment safe and sound and that we are spending the holidays together.

I am thankful my old man pug, who is about 16 now, is still with us through another holiday season.  I am also thankful or other little guy is such a good fit with the old man.  They totally wub each other.

I am thankful I am gainfully employed, and I am thankful that I am nearly done with my Master's Degree.

I am thankful for the roof over my head and for the fact that we bought the house we live in so I can do whatever I want to it.  New floors and countertops?  Yes please!  New bathroom?  Working on it...

I am thankful for the opportunity to write this blog.  It has given me the opportunity to discover so much about myself and "meet" some pretty awesome people that I may have otherwise not known.  And I am thankful to all of you that follow me.  Makes me feel special.

I am thankful for the relative health of my family and Joel's family, and I am thankful that I am blessed with some pretty amazing in-laws.  They're really good people.

And on a silly note, I am thankful to all the Housewives franchises, New Girl, Modern Family, and the NFL and NCAA seasons.

There is so much more that I know I am thankful of, and even though I didn't do the "30 Days of Thankfulness" like most people, I feel blessed every day I get another chance at life on this earth.  It really is an amazing life, and through all of its challenges, life is really a lot of fun.  I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving wherever you're at and with whomever you're with.  Enjoy it.  In the words of Usher (holla!), "you've got one life, just live it."  And I thank God for every breath he allows me to take.

4 comments:

Katiellirb said...

Love your thankfuls! So well written! I need to take a step back and be grateful for everything wonderful this year instead being overwhelmed with everything still to be done. Thanks for the perspective and a happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! I am grateful to have "met" you for sure! :)

Wendy Annabeth said...

What a lovely blog!
I'm a new GFC follower :)
xo
www.domesticsweetheart.com

LWLH said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! :)

Megan said...

Hope y'all had an amazing Thanksgiving!!