Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Weigh-in Wednesday

Weigh In Wednesday 

 Starting weight:  155.9,  Last weeks weight:  157-ish,  Today's weight: 156.2 

So, this weight thing is really becoming a thorn in my side.  For the past four weeks, I have done the C25K program and consistently ran three times a week.  I am running farther and longer, and am really proud of myself there.  I am even down a pound from all of my holiday weight, but still not down more than where I started before the holidays.

I don't know what my issue is, but I have been having some pain near my Achilles.  I bought a silicon sleeve that has helped, but this week I have limping around a bit.  Hopefully that ends, pronto.

This week I was supposed to start week 5of C25K, but due to the pain in my Achilles and the fact that week 4 was super tough on me, I am repeating it.  I was hoping to be father along, because I have a 5K on the books for next weekend.  I knew I wouldn't be able to run the whole thing yet, but I wanted to be farther along.  Oh, well.

I am also going to try and stay at the gym to work on weights.  I know the combo of weights and cardio are best, and I haven't been doing anything besides the run.  We have a cruise booked for March (more on that later), so I want to be a lot more fit and in shape, not to mention skinnier.

5 comments:

She's a big star said...

Week 5 of C25K was SO hard for me... I just knew without a doubt there was no way I could get through what it asked of me... BUT, it's such a mind game. I remembering struggling on day 2 of that week, thinking day 3 was impossible... and wouldn't you know it, I ended up cruising through day 3 with ease. Getting our bodies to do it is the easy part... our minds are a whole other story! :)

Jen said...

Just stick with it, you are doing great and it will get easier.

Katiellirb said...

Repeating week 4 is better than sitting on the couch! Keep up the awesome work!! :)

Rebooting Myself said...

Repeat weeks when you need to! You can do it.

Ash Z said...

I am pretty sure I have the same thorn in my side. We just have to stick with it and identify our trouble areas.

Thanks for linking up!