Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Another Week Has Come...

Happy Monday Tuesday everyone!  Today is pretty much my Monday because Snowmageddon made it's way to St. Louis.




Being an Indiana girl, I was pretty used to lots of snow and cold, but you would have thought that the world was ending around here.  The base was closed on Monday, but it was normal reporting for work today, and people were complaining that the military was putting their / their family's lives at risk.  Were the roads bad?  To be honest they weren't great. But, folks, exercising caution and using your common sense goes a long way.  I am happy to report that at least everyone in my office made it in safe and sound.

Before the snow started, Joel and I were treated to something pretty special.  Ever heard of Schlafly Beer?  It's a local STL brewery that has been around for quite some time.  You can't walk in and ask for a tour of the brewery, nor schedule one, but they often give them away for charities to auction off and such.  One of my co-workers won one of these opportunities, and invited Joel and I along.

I'm not the biggest fan of beer, but I had been to the Schlafly Tap House, and Joel loves free beer, so we went with an open mind.  We learned a little history of the place, about how beer is made, and got to see a little bit of the action.  It was such a neat experience!  They brew certain varieties for different events/places, and we got to try their vanilla milk stout, which is only brewed for one place, straight from the tap.  Even this gal who isn't the biggest beer fan thought it was delicious!  There was also a tasting at the end with five or so different varieties.  Their coffee stout and cider were my faves.













3 comments:

Jen said...

Wow that brewery tour looks amazing, my husband would love that.

Anonymous said...

Whoa that's a lot of snow. Stay safe!

Pamela said...

I want snowww! How fun!!!