Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year's Eve

So, this NYE may go down as one of the most boring ever for me, but it was still fantastic.  Most of our friends went out of town, and we didn't feel like the bar scene this year, so we kept it pretty quiet.

We started off with dinner reservations at Square One Brewery in the Lafayette Square district of St. Louis.  It was a cute, quirky bistro with incredible service and friendly staff.  Joel got a beer that they made at the Brewery, and he really loved it.  He ordered the fish tacos, and said they were pretty yummy.  I ordered the Fish and Chips, but wouldn't recommend it.  It was way too greasy for my liking.  But, we ordered the pretzel as our appetizer, and the jalapeno cheese sauce was amazing!  So, I'd definitely try it again ordering a different dish for dinner.







After that, we walked a block down and had martinis at Bailey's Chocolate Bar.  They make their own ice cream for their desserts, and the martinis are some of the best I had ever had.  They had a pumpkin martini available as a special in the fall, and I am quite pleased to announce that it now has a permanent spot on the menu.  If you like pumpkin, you will salivate over this martini.  So utterly amazing...  The dessert wasn't bad, either.  The molten lava cake is by far my favorite.





After that we headed home to watch scary movies.  This is usually a New Year's Day tradition, but because we were home, we moved it to NYE.  We watched The Purge.  I loved the premise of this movie, and the movie was ok, but they didn't really develop the story line or the characters.  I think the movie was only 1 hour and 20 minutes, so they had plenty of time.  I wish they would have done more, but it was worth the one night rental.


We then gathered the pets and rang in the new year.  We made it to midnight!  We're not that old yet.  It was great, and Pugsley even let us sleep in (he's normally an early riser.  I'm happy to have another year with my old pug.




New Year's Day we had some donuts (which I think we will make a tradition of) and headed to Dillard's because they had a 50% off clearance special.  It was a mad house!  I could barely walk around, and some lady literally took a pair of boots out of my hand.  Crazy!  I managed to find one pair and got a new purse, and Joel got a few pairs of dress shirts.  I am surprised that we made it out alive.  Ladies be shopping!




2 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds like a perfect night!

Jen said...

Sounds like a great night to me! Ours was pretty boring and we were even in Vegas go figure haha.