Thursday, January 16, 2014

Link up here or here!
Well, I don't really have anything new or exciting to share today, so thanks to Ech and Will, I found this awesome link-up!  Won't you join along?

 
 
1. Where are you seated (near the counter, near the window, near the door, against the wall, etc.)?  I am currently at work, so I am at my desk in the middle of our area, and unfortunately have no windows nearby.  I hate missing the world while I am at work.

2. What are you sipping/munching on? I just finished my daily coffee, and am now working my way through some water and a banana.  It's my daily morning routine.
 
3. What do you want to get off your chest first (can be as deep as you want)?  As much as everyone tells me that I will love Korea and it'll be better than I expect, I don't want to go.  I had visions of what life would be like this summer, and none of it involved a move to Korea.  Make to Europe, sure, or even a prolonged American adventure.  But, not Korea.  Where it's hard to find a job, where I will have to live on base (which I personally loathe), where my husband will be constantly busy, and where I have no family or friends nearby.  I am saddened beyond belief, and I certainly may change my mind once I get there, right now, no matter how irrational, I don't want to go.  I can not conceptualize a happy life there.

4. If you could choose anyone (besides us of course) who would you have a coffee with?  I have two gals that live in Denver, which is where I wanted to move, that I would love to have a coffee date with.  I feel like they "get" me, which I haven't found locally in a while.
 
5. What is inspiring you lately? 
Women that work hard for what they want.  Right now, my personal goal for 2014 is being the best "me" that I can be.  But, that's going to take work.  I want to be in better shape, but I need to work for it.  I want to learn more about our world and the people and events that make us who we are today,
but I need to work for it.  I want to be a better wife, but I need to work for it.  I want to be a better Disciple for the Lord, but I need to work for it.  I read many blogs where women are doing these very things, and it's so inspiring.  It's encouraging.  If they can do it, I can do it, too. 

6. What are your plans after coffee?  Today, pretty much just work.  I plan on going to the gym later, but tomorrow...oh, man.  I have a day off from work, so I am starting my day with a massage, and whatever else I feel like.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 - No windows!? I hate when that happens. I'm moving my computer desk up to the second floor because I can't handle having to have the drapes closed 24/7 on the bottom floor. (People look in from the street. Most are respectful, but there are a few creepers.)

3 - I get what you're saying. I hope it turns out to be okay.

Kiki said...

First of all, nice to meet you! What better way to get to know someone than a coffee date, right? :)

I cannot imagine having to pick up and move to another country without knowing what to expect and being away from family and friends, too. I wish I had some advice or something to say, but I will most definitely be praying for you during this move and transition! :)

Thanks for joining us!

Katiellirb said...

Am I allowed to say I'm still bitter about this Korea thing? You're supposed to move to Denver and we're supposed to BFF in real life. Sigh, I'll put on my big girl pants now and resume 100% cheerleading for your move!! Ps can I get a massage too? Sounds delightful!