Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Weekend Update - Memorial Day Weekend Edition!

Wow...what a weekend will do!  I had off Friday through Monday, and it was a pain starting back up at work yesterday.  My body did not want to leave the comfort of my bedroom.  Luckily things are better with family back in Indiana, so at least for now I can breathe a sigh of relief on that end, for now.

Not a whole lot happened on Friday.  We are going to start remodeling our master bathroom soon, so we looked and priced out tile, flooring, cabinets, etc. (so exciting, I know you're jealous).  While I don't have a picture of exactly how it is going to look, this is the picture I am using for inspiration.  Minus the blue.



Saturday we grilled out and just hung around the house.  We bought frames for some pictures/art we wanted to put up, went though some old clothes and donated them, and, well...that was about it.


On Sunday, Joel and I settled in for our long anticipated premiere of season four of Arrested Development.  When I saw the first episode of this show way back when, I kind of hated it.  But, when Joel and I got together he convinced me to give it another try, and I am sooooooooo glad that I did.  It's seriously hilarious.  We decided to settle in and have an AD marathon, and Joel got a new ale to try for the event.


If you didn't know, Joel is from Portland, OR.  Although I have never been, Voodoo Doughnut has been voted one of the best doughnut shops in the U.S.  So this had to be good, right?  Wrong!  It's absolutely disgusting.  Warning: don't try it.  Even Joel couldn't finish it.

http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/netflix_arrested_development.jpg?w=640

The verdict on Arrested Development?  Not as good (so far) as the previous seasons, but "ok."  Hopefully it gets better.

Monday we started off the day with a moment of silence for the service members that never made it home.  We both know people that paid the ultimate sacrifice for their country, and first and foremost wanted to pay tribute to them as well as thank God for each new day.

Then, we decided to go to the St. Louis Science Center and check it out.  It's free to visit, but parking is usually $10.  We happened to have a free parking pass that was set to expire this week, so we didn't let that go to waste.  It was...ok.  Clearly we went sans kids, and maybe it would have been more fun if we had some, but there was next to zilch for adults.  And this is coming from a science geek (*cough* Joel *cough*).

 

All in all it was a much needed period to just get things done.  I also got started running again, and even went on a bike ride around the neighborhood.  I know, right??  A friend of mine signed us up for a 5K obstacle course, and I refuse to look stupid and out of shape.  Hopefully this is just the kick in the rear that I need.

http://www.shape.com/sites/shape.com/files/imagecache/node_page_image/article_images/diva-dash_635x370.jpg

4 comments:

Katiellirb said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Arrested Development is on my list of shows to Netflix. I bet I wont like it at first, but sounds like something that grows on you. Good luck with the bathroom. Love your inspiration colors! Very spa-like! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree on Arrested Development. It was good, but not as good as the other seasons.

Courtney B said...

I noticed that Arrested Development is on netflix... It sounds like I need to give it a try! I bet my hubs would totally love it! We are on a duck dynasty kick right now though.. have you seen that?!
I can't wait until we buy a home so that we can remodel rooms and have little projects here and there! Can't wait to see how your bathroom turns out!

Kaylin said...

Are those the tile wood floors?
They look amazing!!!!