Tuesday, December 17, 2013

What You Should Ask Yourself Before 2013 Is Over - Part 2

Sharing part two of the list I found over at Everything Happens For a Reason!



11. When did I feel most creatively inspired?  During my student teaching.  I had to come up with creative lesson plans that not only excited the students, but that met specific state and University standards.  I am the least domestic gal you'd ever meet, but I had fun piecing some of these lessons together.

12. What projects have I completed? 
Other than my degree, not very much.  That's been my main focus.  We did do a bathroom reno and worked on our yard, though.  Those count, right?

13. How have I procrastinated? 
The better question would be how haven't I procrastinated.  I completely do most things last minute.  Maybe I just work better under pressure.

14. In what ways can I re-structure my time? 
I'd like to create an "everyday life" schedule, so that I have a plan to stick to.  Now that I have more free time, I'd like to spend it being (mostly) productive, so I plan on scheduling time in my day to read and exercise, and also play with the pups.  They haven't had the play time they deserve lately, and Pugsley is getting so old I don't know how much longer we will have with him.

15. How have I allowed fear of failure hold me back? 
I literally doubt every personal decision that I make, and wonder if I made the right choice.  For some reason, professionally I am confident in what I do.  But personally?  I am always afraid of the unknown and change.  I wish I could learn to be more confident all around.

16. Where has self-doubt taken over?  See above.

17. When have I felt the most alive?
  When I travel, but in 2013, most specifically in the Galapagos.  It combined my love of travel with my love of animals, and I cried tears of pure joy that I was able to have that experience.  It was utterly amazing, and I will never forget it.

18. How have I taught others to respect me?
  I honestly have no idea how to answer this one.  I am who I am, and I won't change that for anyone.  I stick to my principles, and am loyal to a fault.  Hopefully I have gained others' respect from that.

19. How can I improve my relationships? 
I can be more attentive and a better listener.  Sometimes I am so wrapped up in my own world and with what I am doing that I often don't truly listen to what others have to say.  I can also work on making that extra step in communication.  Being so far away from so many that I love is hard.  I struggle with putting in more effort than I am given, but sometimes someone has to do that, right?

20. Have I been unfair to anyone? 
I often expect perfection from Joel, even though I am far from it.  I love him with all of my heart, and I need to understand that he loves me too, and therefore tries his best.  I need to learn how to love him in all of his faults, too, because I know that he always means well.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love this, great answers! :)