Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Starting Over - Week 1

With my weight, that is.  My weight is always an up and down roller coaster.  When Joel is gone, I eat better and exercise more, which means that my weight goes down.  When he was deployed, I lost nearly 20 pounds.  He's been home a little more than a year now, and I put all of that weight back on.  I feel like I constantly have an excuse.  Some are legitimate, such as not having the energy when I was student teaching.  I could have done better, but I really couldn't stick to a schedule, because my work/school load was so unpredictable week to week.  But now?  No excuses.  Work is predictable and school is over.  Starting now, I am getting back into a routine.  I got into running last summer, and the weight dropped pretty fast.  So, I am going back to the basics.


Day one, completed on Monday.  Day two?  As soon as I get off of work.  I will stick to this.  I have to.  I feel fat, and that affects so many things in my life.  The way I feel, how confident I am, how I dress, and my energy.  I will be doing a weigh-in Wednesday in hopes that I can use this little ole blog of mine to keep me accountable.  So here is my first weigh-in.  I am hoping to lose at least 20 pounds.  Wish me luck!  And please ignore how badly I need a pedicure...



3 comments:

Jen said...

You are going to do amazing! Proud of you. :)

Anonymous said...

Best of luck! ...not that you need it, you'll be amazing.

Katiellirb said...

I was going to tell you I thought you've looked wonderful in pictures of late! It looks like you have been losing weight. Regardless, you can do it!!! I know you can!