Monday, December 30, 2013

Weekend Update

Did this weekend go by insanely fast for anyone else?  I feel like I barely had a whole day off.  The two days I had off for Christmas were delightful, and then the weekend came and BAM...it's Monday.

Well, anywho.  I want to have a moment of silence for the destruction of the Miami Dolphin's playoff hopes.  It was a sad game that I actually got to watch due to Direct TV's Sunday Ticket.  I was so disappointed in our boys and especially our QB, who I've never been the biggest fan of.  Oh, and if you're a football fan, I'm trying to get #firejeffireland trending on twitter, just in casies.

Well, on to better weekend things!  Friday night, Joel and I wanted to get out of the house and go see American Hustle.  We went to a theater in downtown St. Louis called MX Movies.  I love the theater itself, which has a full bar and wait staff to feed you during the movie.  The food is less than spectacular, so we usually just go and get appetizers and drinks.  And the bonus?  Comfy leather chairs!  If they happened to recline, I don't think I could see a movie any other way.


There wasn't too much exciting news on Saturday.  The dogs had obedience class, we ran some errands, and napped (oh, glorious naps).  We went out to dinner Friday night to a spot that had seasonal pumpkin pie martinis on their menu, which they actually didn't have.  So I proceeded to pout and not take any pictures.  The food was fine as always, but I was really craving that pumpkin pie drink.

Sunday I cooked a football spread and decked out in Dolphins gear in hopes that the boys could pull one out.  For some reason, all of our pets joined me in the kitchen during this time.  You would have Thought I hadn't fed them in days...


Unfortunately, my heart was broken by their elimination from the playoffs, so in the meantime I will be a temporary Cincinnati Bengals fan.  They did their part to help us get in, and we couldn't muster up a win.  There's always next year, right?  Right???

No comments: