Yay for Friday! For a short week, this has been a long and crazy week. I haven't been sleeping well at night and Joel has been gone (but now he is back!) so I am just glad to see the week wind down. So, thanks to Wife of a Sailor for another edition of...
1. Aside from no deployments, what is one thing you would want to make the MilSpouse life “perfect”? submitted by Oh How Delightful.
I wish that we had more say so in how long we are stationed someplace and where we will go. The Air Force, so far, has been really good to my husband in that regard. He has gotten his top assignment a majority of the time. But having only two years in one place is not conducive to good family time. Also, I am a working spouse with my own career. I want to be able to have continuity with my job, be able to finish a degree at only one school, and make and keep friends. Sure there is facebook, but when I PCS this summer there will be a lot of people that I will miss grabbing dinner or coffee or whatever with.
2. Just how many peppers did Peter Piper pick? submitted by Married into Army
He picked the perfect pair of peppers.
3. If you could have any career in the world with nothing holding you back, what would you do? submitted by It’s My Party and I’ll Cry if I Want To
There are two options. One, I would work in a think tank of some sort. Who wouldn't want to get paid to think?! And I would want it to be one that would make some difference in this world. Something like, re-vamping how our government works or changing the strategy with the middle east.
The more fun answer would be being a travel reviewer. I would love to travel all over the world, stay in fancy hotels, eat delicious food and drink the most amazing wine, and get paid for it! The ultimate dream is to get paid for living your passion. And as much as I like to travel, this would be a dream come true.
4. Do you have a service oriented tattoo and if so what is it. If you don’t what would you get? submitted by The Squid’s Accomplice
Nope. I would never get a tattoo, personally, but I think there are some amazing ones out there! I am just too chicken. I wouldn't get a service tattoo, because as patriotic as I am and how proud of my husband I am, I am not the one who is serving; my husband is. And that honor is his.
5. Imagine a block of time has opened up in your busy day for you to take a class in anything you like. What subject would you choose? submitted by To The Nth
I love learning new languages, and I am fascinated by people's lives. I would love to take a course on either a new language, or learning about people, such as biographical lectures or living history, i.e. someone that has lived through an experience and is sharing about it.