Thursday, February 27, 2014

Holy disappearing February!

Man, where did February go?  And January, for that matter?  Is it really almost March?  Oy...I had such grandiose plans for this year, and haven't really done anything.  In my defense, I have been struggling with these crazy headaches, which have zapped my energy and my mood, but I need to do my bets to work past them, and try to actually enjoy life again.  We have our crazy coming up in a month, and I hope that the sunshine and travel will help get my priorities straight.  Life can't all be about puppy cuddles and tv, right?  Although that does sound pretty divine...

So, in honor of Lent coming upon us and the realization that I have been wasting these few precious months of my 20s, I am going to jot a few things down that I would like to work on for the month of March.  I always see these ideas, and think man, maybe that would help.  Right?  Anything would help, at this point.

1.  Try at least one (hopefully two) new recipes.  I have been quite lazy in the kitchen lately, which is a bummer because I actually do like cooking.  I've bought the fixins to make a new bolognese recipe this weekend, but I'd like to find at least one more new thing to try out.  Maybe that will also help me cook healthier, rather than just eating easy fatty things I throw in the oven...


2.  And on that note...work on being healthier!  Less fast food and more exercise.  I actually signed up for a Couch to 5K running program where you run with a group of newbies, rather than yourself.  I love the C25K program, and hopefully running with a group will keep me motivated and help me to follow through.  So, on that note, I have to run three times a week to keep on that plan, plus I'd like to do one fun class a week at the gym (yoga, Zumba, whatever).  I want to only eat out once a week, too.  Even though I love going out to eat, it doesn't help that waistline to disappear...


3.  I miss reading, but it's so hard to do with my constant headaches and tiredness.  I am hoping that the above will help, but I want to set a goal to read at least one new book (from start to finish) in March.  It used to be nothing to do one a week, but baby steps.  I wish this wasn't so hard, because I really really do like reading.  But between working all day and being exhausted all the time, my eyes just aren't in the mood.




Easy, peasy...right?  I feel like these aren't lofty goals, but I want to start small so that I actually accomplish them.  Fingers crossed that the arctic winter we have had this year in the MidWest is on its way out.  Not freezing all day, every day would probably help the "getting off the couch" goal.

2 comments:

Jen said...

These are great goals! You are right though this month absolutely flew by, it's crazy!

Anonymous said...

I think your goals are great. It's good to start out small or you'll never have the motivation to work your way up.