Friday, February 21, 2014

Five on Friday!

Hallelujah, it's finally Friday!  I need this week to be over so badly.  Just 8-ish hours stands between me and my weekend starting.  Can we say yay???

Linking up!

1.  It is now less than one month until I am on my way to the MIA for a little fun in the sun and our cruise.  It seriously can't get here soon enough.  We've pre-booked a cute place in Miami for the night, as well as our excursions and entertainment on the cruise.  I don't want to think about a thing once I step foot out of St. Louis except about where the next tasty cocktail is coming from.




2.  I have had a heck of a week, physically.  My doctor put me on new meds for my migraines, which worked pretty well (yay!), but caused severe insomnia.  I stopped functioning like a normal human being, so I stopped taking them.  Today I have to go in for a thyroid test and a test for a possible mass that may be releasing adrenaline unnecessarily in my body.  Fun?!

3.  I remember back in Indiana having girlfriends that would just stop by (or vice-versa) for girl chat, to watch one of our favorite shows, or to make dinner together.  I miss having that kind of friend dearly, and lately I've been wondering if I will ever find that again.  Joel makes a pretty good substitute, and I do have friends in the area, but not ones that stop by every Thursday to gossip and watch Scandal, you know??


4.  I am still in the "I don't want to move" phase.  Denial, I think it's called?!  Anyways, I think I am starting to drive Joel nuts with my attitude about this.  Of course I'll move, and I'm sure it will be fine, but I'm really bummed out about the whole thing.  We finally got our tentative command sponsorship, and were told that we have to live on base (my nightmare), but even having some finality on things isn't making me feel better.


5.  I think my goad this weekend is to sleep as long as humanly possible.  I have a lot of stuff I want to do, but I think I ma going to worry about numero uno, and that's my comfy bed.  Maybe I can lure Joel with sweets to take care of the dogs this weekend and let me sleep in.  He's pretty good about being bribed.


2 comments:

Jen said...

A cruise sounds amazing! I know you are going to have a blast. :)

Liz @ Fitness Blondie said...

Aren't having girlfriends the best? I would miss having that too. I moved to Charlotte, NC (where I currently live) 4 years ago and did not know a soul and luckily I have made one girlfriend who is like my other half. It sucks your new medicine is causing insomnia. Sleep is essential. And I would think lack of sleep would cause you more headaches? Nonetheless I hope you get some rest soon! I hope you have a great weekend babe, xo!