Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday...again.

Monday is the worst, isn't it?  I have friends that work compressed schedules and take every other Monday off of work.  I wonder if that makes Mondays better, because they only work every other one, or doubly worse on that one working Monday.  Hmm...

This weekend?  Fairly uneventful.  Our foster pup (I said I'd talk about that a while back didn't I?  Whoops...) finally found a home, so I said goodbye to him and then headed to the airport to pick Joel up from another TDY (military work trip).  I was glad to have him back, because it was a rather stressful week for me.  It was my first full week back at school since the start of the semester, and for some reason, having two dogs instead of three is a lot more work.  Add that to us finally getting the roof on our covered porch replaced after our hail storm last April and finding out I need to go to physical therapy twice a week for my migraines and, well...let's just say I bet you aren't envying my wekk.  AmIright?

Saturday was spent doing stuff around the house that needed done.  Laundry, dishes, cleaning...you know, the usual stuff.  But, we did make it to Lowe's over the weekend and found some tile for our bathroom reno.  What, I failed to mention that?  Well, Joel and I have decided to do a partial remodel of our master bathroom because, well, frankly...I hate it.  And Joel was tired of me complaining about it.  We still have a long way to go, but I'm pretty stoked that the process is at least starting.

And then on Sunday, this happened...


If you know me, you know that I loathe snow.  So, waking up to an unexpected four inches on the day I had to drive Joel back to the airport to leave again was not the most pleasant surprise.  Joel is great, though, because he shoveled our driveway before I even woke up.  I heart that man sometimes.  Well, all the time, but even more so when he does something amazingly unexpected.

After he landed and the Superbowl started, we watched it "together" on the phone.  We both decided to stay in and have as much as a Superbowl party for two as we could.  Oh yeah, but my team won.  Amazeballs.

I'm not sure, but I think he's saying "suck it, Jimmy."

1 comment:

Jen said...

We stayed home for the superbowl as well. It was nice wearing pj's and just relaxing.