Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013

Happy New Year's, everyone!  I know that's a little late, but hey, what's new, right?  Old habits die hard.  NYE was a great night.  Joel and I decided to keep things low key, and I love it.  I think low key was the theme of our 2012 holiday season.

We normally don't go for chains, but we received an e-mail from Houlihans (one of our favorite chains) that we just couldn't resist.  It was a four course special just for that day, and we just decided to make reservations and go for it.  It was delicious!  Some chains really have it down, and besides the scrumptious food they make, service has always been superb.  Our server that night was no exception, and because we felt bad that he was working that night, we decided to leave a generous tip.

A martini flight with my salad?  Umm...yes, please!
Surf and Turf for me, with a loaded baked potato.  Yummers!
Then we met up with some couple friends who invited us out to a late movie.  For some reason, here in the STL area, I haven't quite found my groove friendship wise.  Even though my friend and her hubby are about 15 years older than me, they have quickly become some of my favorite people.  And it was their 20th wedding anniversary.  They are seriously my heroes: 20 years, cute as all get out, and so in love.  I can only wish I was so lucky.

Aren't they freaking adorable?
We saw Lincoln, which was a great movie!  Even though I am a history lovah, I don't always always care for movies focused anywhere in the 1800s in the US.  But, this was a powerful movie, and I hope that the glimpse that the filmmakers gave us on the personality of Lincoln was accurate.  I just hope that during my lifetime, I can see a President with that much passion.


We got home at about 11:30pm, and it was just in enough time to get settled in and toast the New Year with mimosas and our pets (and foster pup...more on that later).

Happy New Years!

2 comments:

Jen said...

What a fun NYE! :) I really want to see Lincoln.

Unknown said...

That martini flight looks amazing! We don't have Houlihans here, but man the food looks good :)