Monday, June 21, 2010

You shouldn't have! But, thanks!

So, one of my favorite bloggers nominated me for my first award!



I am so stoked! I always see these fun little guys and get so jealous! So, as a special shout out, you should totally check out K's blog at http://uncorkandunwined.blogspot.com/. Another K and J!

So, as per the rules, I'm supposed to share 7 things about myself and then nominate other bloggers for the award.

Seven Things About Myself:

1. I am a tad bit of a control freak. Ok, so a lot. I literally feel shaky when a situation is happening and I have no control over it. And I hate surprises, in case that wasn't too obvious! It freaks me out when people say things like " I bought you something" but then I can't know anything about it or have it. Drives. Me. Bonkers! But, Joel deals with it nicely.
2. Matching in K's number two, I have also loved the color pink for years now, but hated it growing up. The first time I got something pink and liked it was in 2002 when I graduated high school. I have loved the color ever since.
3. I am deathly afraid of clowns. Ok, I will wait for the laughter to stop. But, seriously! Joel's fantastic proposal was almost ruined by the scary clown that stalked me in Rome. I totally had nightmares!
4. I love to read, but I don't read very much non-fiction, so I feel really dumb about joining book clubs. I would (MOST of the time) rather read about stuff that has actually happened. I think actual life is fascinating!
5. I am one of those crazy reality tv show watchers. Yes, I know how ridiculous the real housewives are. But I can't stop watching their living train wreck!
6. I have a crazy love/hate thing with my body and food. I want to lose weight and I know I could do it if I just put some more effort into it. But, I love eating and living in Europe affords me some great eating opportunities. So every time I lose that dreaded five pounds, I travel somewhere and more than sample the bad cuisine and wine. Bad Kristen!
7. I wish that I had more girlfriends around here. I always seem to make great friends right before they are moving. I love my husband, and as cliche as it sounds, he is my best friend. But I know his idea of a fun Friday night does not include pedicures, martinis, and Twilight. Know what I am saying?

As far as the nomination process goes, even though her blog is way cooler than mine, I would like to nominate Lauren from http://www.saltsays.com/ for this prestigious awards! Seriously, she is so funny. Go read her blog!

1 comment:

Uncork and Unwined said...

Thanks for the shout out! And you totally deserve this award! Im a bit of a control freak as well, and I hate clowns! Since watching IT as a child, I've hated them. So creepy!

I completely understand the wishing for more girlfriends! J is my best friend, but sometimes, a little girl time is much needed. Since we are in the same area, it shouldnt be too difficult to get together!