Sunday, June 6, 2010

Oh, Happy Day!

This weekend the weather in Germany has been quite beautiful! It is a rare occurance to get warm, dry, comfortable weather, so whenever we do, I feel compelled to be outside. Being that our apartment doesn't even have a balcony, we take to going to the neighboring areas and just seeing what is going on. Thankfully, the Germans share in my sunny attitude (har, har) and usually have plenty going on. This weekend has been no exception. We went to this area called Offenbach and went to a little medieval festival they had going on. Joel and I are big fans of people watching, so it was pretty entertaining. We ate some yummy food and bought some nice crafts and honey wine. All in all it was a good time. Here are some pics.








We also went to a town near Kusel, Germany to visit the castle Berg Lichtenberg. It was a really nice castle, and we had a lot of fun walking around the courtyard. There was a wedding going on (lucky them!) so we weren't there for too long, but we did get some wonderful pictures.





2 comments:

Ashley said...

Congratulations on your recent marriage! I can relate to you! My husband and I got married one weekend and were off to England the next weekend. OH the life of the AF wife!

Uncork and Unwined said...

Hello!

So glad you found my blog. We just arrived in Germany today! I cant wait to get out and explore and go to medieval festivals like the one above! But first house hunting! Do you live on base or in a village? Would love to meet up one day! =)