Monday, July 29, 2013

Weekend Update!

Hello all, and happy Monday!  I tell you what, while I hate this furlough and my pocketbook is definitely hurting, I sure do enjoy my long weekends.  I only have a few more weeks before I start my student teaching and working, so I am enjoying as much time off as I can.  Those 16 weeks are going to be rough!

Since our bank account has been lightened by the 20% cut in pay (thanks, stupid sequestration), we decided to catch up on some Groupons that we had previously purchased.  Friday we had a date night at the Melting Pot.  I always thought it was silly to pay more to cook your own food, but I will admit it's pretty great for date night.  It's a long process, which gives us plenty of time to talk and reconnect through such a hectic week.  I think this is one of many "secrets" to a happy marriage, so I was glad to get a great meal for half off, thanks to Groupon.


I know this is going to make me sound like a crazy dog person, and while I would agree with you, it was a really great day.  On Saturday, Joel, me, and the dogs went to a Pug Pool Party.  It was amazing.  I can't get enough of the cute little suckers, and there were about 30 pugs there.  My boys love to swim, so they had a blast.  It was a great afternoon, and my skin got an actual tan.  Miracles do happen!






Sunday we met friends for a local diner and had a yummy brunch.  Then we had a Groupon for bowling, so we finished the afternoon at the lanes.  It was a great weekend.  Too short, of course, but really great. 

Joel and I had some great quality time together, which we need to stock up on come mid-August.  I just hope I can make it through the grueling schedule.  They really should pay student teachers something so that they don't have to work on top of learning the teaching ropes and having a ton of work associated with it.  I am basically going to have all of the duties of a teacher while also putting hours in at work.  While I am thankful I have this wonderful opportunity, it's going to be rough, to say the least.  Hopefully the military keeps him with me during most of this time so he can help with other necessary duties.

1 comment:

Jen said...

They are so adorable in the pool, love it!