Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pujols Family Foundation - O Night Divine

My big event Saturday?  It was the O Night Divine Christmas celebration that the Pujols Family Foundation puts on each year to raise money for the impoverished people of Albert Pujols's home country, the Dominican Republic, and for the families living with Down Syndrome in the St. Louis area.  I attended as a volunteer, and it had to be one of the best events I have ever seen.
 
Joel and me all fancied up out front
It was held at a fancy schmancy hotel in one of my favorite parts of town.  It's called the Chase Park Plaza, and they put on quite a beautiful event.  There were over 500 people that attended, and a lot of famous St. Louis faces were there to help the Foundation raise money for such a wonderful cause.
 

Matt and Leslie Holliday

 


Mike Matheny


Albert and Dee Dee Pujols


 And of course some very special guests.



Some of our STL Families




A really special guest:  A boy from the DR in town for life saving heart surgery.

 
A great night was had by all, and I was really moved by the outpouring of giving, love, and acceptance.  I saw God in so many ways that night, and I was truly touched.  I went home feeling blessed with all that I have.  And selfishly, happy with silent auction swag!
 
I love me some Dan Marino!
 
 
 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is amazing! It is so great to volunteer this time of year, what a wonderful cause.

Why Girls Are Weird said...

This is awesome, what a wonderful cause.