Happy Friday, everyone! Gosh, I felt like this week just flew by! Glad to see it go, because I have a pretty fun weekend coming up. One also filled with lesson plans and midterm projects, but a few bits of fun managed to squeak their way in.
I'm also excited that I finally remembered to link up with Friday Fill-In! Hope you all have a great weekend!
1. One thing I plan on doing to relax this weekend is going to the Rams game this weekend. Even though I'm a Phins Phan through and through, living in St. Louis has given me a soft spot for the Rams. Joel's bets friend from Portland, who just hap pend to be living in Chicago now, and her husband are coming down to enjoy it with us, because they are big 'ole Packers fans. Now, I don't know if this sounds necessarily relaxing to anyone else, but to me, it is a break from the stress of reality. And that is a big stress reliever.
2. A big pet peeve of mine is when people bump into you and either don't say anything (like a simple excuse me) or they look like it is somehow your fault. I don't know hwy in the world this seems like such a big problem in my area as o late, but I find that people don't have the time (or the care) do just have plain good manners. I miss the South for this reason.
3. I am really loving the fact that I can finally wear my boots! I love fall for many reason, but one of the main reasons is because I love pulling the boots out. It gets hotter than heck around here in the summer, so my poor boots are stuck in the back of my close from about April to whenever fall finally starts to show up. Oh, and it goes without saying that I love that everything is pumpkin flavored this time of year. My waistline may not, but I sure do.
4. The rain is fairly non-existent right now, and I'm ok with that. The only big rain happened to be when I was stuck on campus and parked super far away and had to walk around, getting myself soaked in the process.
5. My favorite girly indulgence is I'm not very girly to begin with, but I love a good massage or pedicure. I don't get pedicures near enough, but there's something about taking a girlfriend to the salon and getting a pedi.
6. A song I always get stuck in my head is I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but right now it's Gangnam style. It's kind of silly, but pretty catchy. I only know a few words (my Korean is clearly not on par) but the chorus has been stuck in my head for weeks now!