Friday, March 25, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #35

It's Friday Friday Friday.  Ok, does anyone else have Rebecca Black's song stuck in their head?  I am so glad that today it is, in fact, Friday!  I am feeling less sickie, I get to see the hubster today, and it looks to be a beautiful weekend here in Germany.  So, without further ado, here is Wife of a Sailor's...


1.  What is your must have gadget? submitted by Flying High With My Flyboy
Gosh, I don't think I have a gadget!  Although when we move back stateside, and I get a smart phone, I can see that become an extension of my hand.  I love my husband's iTouch, and just know me and a smart phone would be besties.

2. How does your adulthood compare to what you imagined it would be like when you were a little kid? submitted by L to the Third
Well, I am married, but the similarities stop there.  I thought I would have my Law Degree, own a house down in Louisville, and have a million babies.  Don't get me wrong, I am super happy with my life.  I love in Europe, married my Prince Charming, and am happy being a Civil Service employee.  I never knew anything about military life, so I certainly never imagined marrying a service member.  But, I wouldn't trade it in.  I love my life, as crazy and unpredictable as it sometimes is!

3. What is your favorite chocolate recipe?  submitted by Our First Deployment
Well, it isn't my recipe, but Joel makes me a homemade Boston Creme Pie for my birthday every year that is to die for!

4. How do you deal with military life when it gets to be to much or to hard? submitted by Combat Boots And Pointe Shoes
This is a very hard question.  I wish I could say I ignore it and keep moving, but when it gets really overwhelming, I kind of shut myself up in my house.  Sure, I go to work and feed and bathe myself, but I kind of seclude myself until I can work things out.  Thankfully, this feeling has never lasted too long and I have had some great friends along the way to pull me out of my funk.

5. What piece of advice would you give a new Military spouse facing their first deployment?  submitted by The Albrecht Squad
Stay busy!  The busier you are, the faster time will pass and the less you will notice an absence.  Filling the loneliness with fun, activities, and friends is the best way to cure the deployment blues.  Get a new hobby, or a new pet, or join in on a new class.  Just DO something!

No comments: