Friday, March 4, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-in #32

It is Friday!  Yay!  Is anyone else as excited as I am?  I am down to my countdown: only 52 days left at work!  More on that later, which will also include some more info on our next assignment!  But for now, it is time for the awesome Wife of a Sailor's...

1. Do you or your {spouse} ever wish your {spouse} was in a different branch of the military? submitted by The Turner Family
I am happy most of the time that he is in the Air Force, but I know so much more about the army side of the house, and wish that we had that common bond.  However, I know that, generally speaking, I have it easy with our separations and work schedules, not to mention the Air Force seems to be more concerned about the family, so I will just have to make the effort to be more AF savvy!

2. What duty station(s) are on your “No Way, Hell No, Not Going, Have Fun Unaccompanied” list and why? submitted by Every Branch
Gosh, there are a lot of places that I don't want to go, but to not go with him?  That would have to be a pretty bad place.  I don't really have any desire to go to one of the Dakotas or Alaska, but he is my husband, so I feel like I would go and at least try to make it work.  Every situation depends on what you make of it, right?

3. If you could be one age forever, what age would you choose and why? submitted by Three Krakens
Probably 24.  I am old enough to be taken at least a little seriously, but young enough to not feel old.  I know that people want to kick me for this, but I felt "old" when I turned 25.  I know realistically that I am not old, but man, that was a tough age to turn.  And now that I am turning 27 in a few months, it is really starting to get to me.

4. If you were a breakfast cereal, which one would you be? submitted by the C.W.
Captain Crunch.  Don't ask me why, but it seems like it would be a fun cereal.

5. What is your morning beverage of choice and why?  submitted by NH Girl Displaced
Water or milk.  Milk on the weekends and water at work.  My work breakfast doesn't consist of very much, but I tend to have more substance on the weekends.  And I love me some milk!

5 comments:

Pamela said...

Every situation does depends on what you make of it. There have been pros and cons to all of our duty stations but I always make the best of it. I'm not going to be there forever, so I take advantage of seeing a new part of the country each time we move.

Heidi Smith Luedtke -- LeadingMama said...

You've got a great attitude about AF life. And who wouldn't want to be Captain Crunch? It's sweet. :-)

Always Kara said...

I always have to have a glass of milk in the AM! New follower through MilSpouse Friday Fill In! http://sahmandusmcwife.blogspot.com

Brittney said...

I absolutely LOVED South Dakota!!! Reminds me a lot of Italy. It's amazingly beautiful there. It's called God's country for a reason. Where the base is, it's at the foothills of the Black hills. So much to do! Ugh...LOVED IT and I miss it every day! Would love to retire there one day, that's how much I loved it!

Rebekah said...

We haven't really thought about where we don't want to go. We only know where we want to!