Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I'm moving on...

So, after seven years in Germany (yes, you read that right, seven years!) I am finally moving back to the good ole U.S. of A. this summer.  This is a bittersweet move for me, because I absolutely love living in Germany, but I know it is time for a change.  I really want to start on my Masters Degree, and I can't do that while I am here, and I am kind of stagnant at work, since how I am too "invaluable" to actually get any additional training.  So, while I am sad to go, and will be boo-hooing all the way to America, I am looking forward to this new adventure in my life.  So yes, now that I have teased you long enough, I will spill where I am going...

Scott Air Force Base!  It is in Southwest Illinois, about 45 minutes east of St. Louis.  I get to go back to the Midwest!  My honey definitely made some sacrifices for me with this one, because he is a West Coaster born and bred, but I really miss my roots back home.  I grew up a Hoosier, and miss the land of BBQ, Southern (or Midwestern) hospitality, and sweet tea!  He placed Scott as his number one assignment because he knew that I needed it to feel like home, even for just a little bit.  But, after the Scott assignment is done, we plan to go right back overseas.  We are thinking Japan this time.  Joel was in Okinawa before, but he would love to go back to mainland Japan.  We'll see!  Life is always up in the air when it comes to the military.  Now, fingers crossed that this assignment will stick!

7 comments:

Always Kara said...

Crossing my fingers for you! :)

Preppy Girl Meets World said...

Congratulations on moving back to the Midwest. Enjoy this new chapter and your last few months here.

Shannon said...

Congrats on your move back home. We just found out last week we are moving to Okinawa in June, with our 4 kids. It's going to be a huge change!

Angie said...

Congrats and good luck to you! Crossing my fingers that it does stick!!

Margeaux C said...

Hi... Just started reading your blog.

Fellow Hoo-Hoo-hoosier. And for the record, north dakota sucks a little... But its like a cold Midwest town in the middle of nowhere. I would kill for a panera.

Sasha said...

Holy cow that is a long time in Germany! That's awesome you get to go back home!

Casey said...

Hi! I'm a new follower from the Fill-In! Crazy that you are leaving Germany because the hubby and I are PCSing there in June! We also have some very dear friends here in VA with us who will be PCSing to Scott AFB in July. Small AF world! Good luck to you!

Casey @ We Took The Road Less Traveled
http://keepingupwiththecotes.blogspot.com/