Sunday, October 3, 2010

Is it really October?

Wow, September really flew by, didn't it?  Well, at least we didn't waste the time.  The day after Joel's parents arrived we were busy, busy!  First stop was my favorite fall wine fest at Bern-Kastel Kues.  It is right near the Mosel river, and a beautiful, picturesque little town.  Everyone seemed to have a good time, and we left with our bellies full of good food and even better wine.

Joel's parents and us in Bern Kastel Kues.
The Mosel
The fest.
The entertainment
The crowd

It really was a wonderful time.  After spending so much time with Joel's parents, I really do realized I am blessed to have them as a part of my family.  They are truly wonderful people, and I hope that in forty years, Joel and I are still as happy and in love as they are with each other.

Well, more to come later.  Up next...London!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun! Love the pictures :)

Hanna said...

Hi there! I am your newest follower from a blog hop:) I think it is an old linky so I am quite late but here none the less. I love finding new blogs and your is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Hey, I've been there! It's so funny to go through blogs and find pictures of places I recognize. I think we were there in 2007.

Our favorite wine fest was in Krov. It's held at the beginning of July. You might check it out if you get the chance. It's good to see others taking the opportunity to travel. I hope you are enjoying it!