Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Military Spouse Survey

Due to my lack of posting, I thought I would fill out this handy dandy survey.  My mind has been over thinking my last classes, the PCS, and closing things up at work.  Only 17 more days to go!

1. How long have you been a military wife?
Eleven months, but I have worked for the army since 2004.

2. What branch of service is your husband?
The Air Force.

3. Active/Reserve?
Active Duty

4. What is his job?
He is a Civil Engineer Officer.

5. How many deployments have you gone through?
He has gone through two, but none with me (yet).

6. Camo or Dress uniforms on your man?
Umm...neither?!  I see him in uniform so much, I honestly get a bit sick of them.  I prefer him in civvies any day!
 
7. What do you like about being a military wife?
Am I supposed to like something?  Ha!  Ok, well, I enjoy all of the traveling we get to do.  I think that we would still travel a lot, but being stationed overseas sure does help!

8. Do you live on base?
Heck no!  No offense to those that do, because I definitely see the advantages to it, but it just wouldn't be something that I would ever want to do.

9. What is your favorite base so far?
I have only been here in Kaiserslautern, so we will see!  I am looking froward to PCSing to Scott AFB, though.

10. What is the hardest part of the military life?
The separations.  Joel is constantly TDY, and I miss him so much when he is gone.  I am not looking forward to any deployments.

11. Do you go to the grocery store or Commissary?
We go to the commissary for American type products, but we prefer to go to our local village grocery, the Edeka.

12. Do you work or stay at home?
I work.  Almost seven years as a civil servant with the Army.  Fingers crossed that they pass the budget so I continue getting a paycheck!

13. Do you have a lot of military wife friends?  Not too many.  Most of my friends aer in the military themselves.  However, I have a great group of military spouses that offer my great support online.

14. Do you prefer Walmart or the BX/PX/NEX/MCX? What's Walmart again?  I have lived overseas for way too long!  I hate the PX, so anywhere else is where I prefer to shop.

15. How did your husband propose?  In front of the Trevi Fountain in Rome.  It was a fairy tale proposal, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

16. Did you marry him after he joined or before?
After.

17. How long have you been together?
Since July 2009.

18. Any kids?
Nope.  Unless you count my cat and my pug.

19. Any kids yet to come?
Depends on the day and who you ask.

20. Is your husband one of those "I am soldier hear me HOOAH" kind of guys?
Nope, not at all.  He loves what he does, and couldn't imagine not serving, but thankfully he leaves (most of) the military at the door when he comes home.

21. Have you ever done combatives with your husband?
Nope.  Not unless you count tickle fights!
22. How many bases have you lived at?
Just here, but Illinois here we come!

23. If you could change one thing about the military?
I would wish for it to have more common sense sometimes.

24. Do you like military balls?
Sure!  Who doesn't like to put on a ball gown and dance the night away.

25. Where does your family live?
Joel's parents live in Oregon, his brother in Colorado, and his sister in California.  Pretty much my entire family still lives in Indiana.

26. What do you do for a job?
I am an Administrative Officer for the Army.  Pretty much I am a glorified Office Manager for a big command.  It has taught me a lot about the military and pays decently well, so no real complaints here.  Well, maybe one, but I will keep that to myself. 

27. Have you ever gotten in a fight with an NCO's wife?
Umm, no...why would I?

28. Name one thing you do when your husband is gone.
Eat the most random meals and watch trashy tv.

29. Do you think other wives do that too?
Definitely.

No comments: