Friday, August 6, 2010

Working on my fitness...

So, Joel and I got married in May.  We are on three months of newlywedded bliss now.  Since we live in Germany and flew to the states to get married, we opted out of taking an immediate honeymoon.  Instead, we wanted to focus on new family and friends, and worry about ourselves later.  Plus, May is a beautiful time of the year, and we thought it would be better to escape the cold winter to go to the beach.  So, we planned a January honeymoon to paradise.  No, literally, to paradise.  May I present, THE MALDIVES!


We will be staying here in a jacuzzi water villa, which will look like this.



I know, right?  This is an all-inclusive resort, which will mean a whole lot of swimming, snorkeling, hanging out in the jacuzzi, and relaxing.  You know what I will have to wear during all of this?  That's right, a bathing suit.  You know the problem with this?  I feel that I look like this...


Ok, obvs that isn't me, and of course I am not that fat.  But, I sure feel like it a lot of days.  I have put on more weight in the past year than I can admit to people I have never met.  That's bad!  But, I am determined to lose some weight before the honeymoon.  I have worked out twice this week, and I am not stopping there!  I hope to make it to the gym (in between work and school) at least two or three times a week plus working out at home.  I need this for me...for my sanity!  I want to take lots of pictures during out honeymoon because we didn't have a photographer at our wedding, and I want to make an album out of the two events.  So any advice or encouragement is greatly appreciated.  I want to be -15 lbs by mid January. 

Attainable, no?

2 comments:

Preppy Girl Meets World said...

Good luck! The resort looks beautiful! I'm trying to lose about the same now too for our wedding. This month, I have decided to completely cut soda out of my diet to see it if helps out at all.

Unknown said...

That looks incredible! You can do it!!