Thursday, March 11, 2010

We have a date!!!

And it is...


MAY 4, 2010!


Why the rush, you say? Well, we say...why wait? We had been trying to get stuff together to get married in Germany, and it was just too much. Joel and I are going to Indiana in May so he can meet my parents, and we both agreed it would be easier to just get married while we are there. So, the plan is this. We found an adorable B&B in Southern Indiana that takes care of most of the wedding prep for you (or in this case, us). We will be getting there just mere days beforehand, so this is relatively stress free for us. God love Joel's parents, because they are coming down from Oregon to be with us on this special day. My parents will be coming, along with my three best girlfriends and their SOs.

We are going to get married at this adorable little gazebo on the grounds. This is it not set up, but you get the point. We are going to do cake and punch at the reception area, then everyone is welcome to join us for dinner at a nearby restaurant, yet to be decided. I am so excited! It is going to be very simple, small, and intimate. I know it seems rushed, but we are both 100% sure that we are "all in" so there is no time like the present! I love Joel with all of my heart, and I can't wait to be his wife.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That is SO EXCITING! :D I'm so happy for you!