Friday, March 19, 2010

45 days...but who is counting?

Yep, that's right folks. Forty-five days until the wedding. I know..O...M...G! Not that I am freaking out about getting married. Marrying Joel is the easy part. That is the part that I don't have to think about. And I thought that getting married in a place where they do 90% of the legwork would be easy. But it's really not. I am STILL a little stressed. Let me tell you why...

The Dress - STILL don't have one. Nice places like David's bridal don't ship to APO addresses (thanks for supporting the military, ugh!). I have ordered two dresses to be shipped here, but neither one has arrived as of yet. So I have to hope that one shows up and fits, and if it doesn't, that I can get alterations done in a timely manner.

Photographer - We are getting married in a very small ceremony. I think the last headcount was 14. We don't need a big ceremony, hence we don't need an ultra fancy photographer session. But photographers hear wedding, and want a massive fee just for shooting the wedding. Boo. We just want memories of our special day.

Meeting the Parents - Joel is meeting my parents four days before the wedding. FOUR DAYS. Not that I think they won't like them (what's not to like?) but the whole issue kind of stresses me out.

And I am sure that there are more but that is depressing enough. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and we can enjoy our last week in the states as the cutesy married couple we will be.

No comments: