Friday, April 18, 2014

Five on Friday

1.  Happy Friday everyone!  And a Happy Good Friday to you, as well.  I am already hungry because of the fast today, but if Jesus can die for my sins then, well...I suppose going hungry today is the least I can do.  This area is pretty traditional, so we have service at 3pm today, and then we will attend vigil tomorrow.  What a solemn time of remembrance, but what an amazing celebration at the conclusion.

2.  I know that I never re-capped my birthday festivities, but they were pretty awesome.  We saw Once at the Fabulous Fox Theater in STL.  I have a love affair with this theater anyways, but I am continually excited to see a show there.  There was no orchestra, so we actually splurged for my big day and bought seats that were where the orchestra normally is.  We were fourth row!  They had a working bar on stage, and at intermission we got up and got a drink.  How fun is that?


3.  Also, this is how cool my boss is.  When I came into work, this was the state of my office.


4.  Spring has finally sprung in the Midwest!  Which I guess is appropriate, since we have to de-clutter our house to sell and do some spring cleaning.  The temperatures have been pleasant, and this weekend looks to be fantastic for it!  And look how pretty my tree is!!


5.  As mentioned above, we are putting our house on the market.  I don't know how I ever convinced to by a house while still in the military life.  I love our little house and have loved living there, but the market has been stagnant, and we could stand to lose more than I am comfortable with if the buyers are too stingy.  I just pray that it all works out, but I never realized how expensive and stressful it could be!  Buying a home was a breeze compared to selling.  Oy...

6 comments:

Alyson said...

How funny! My mom just told me her and my dad went to see Once the other night in STL and loved it. I think I am going to have to buy her the soundtrack for Mom's day.

I love STL and visit at least 3x a year to see the parents. Where do y'all live?

Cheers,
Alyson

Angie said...

Good luck selling the house! I thought it was definitely more stressful to sell than to buy.

Katiellirb said...

Selling a house is INSANELY stressful, especially being on the military timeline. I think I cried every day after it sold and before we moved. If you ever need to vent, I'm here :) Happy Easter! I do love the vigil service but not sure I can make it through this year. Early mass for me on Sunday :)

Kristin said...

It's taken us forever to find one we want at Ft. Carson. If this sale doesn't go through as it's supposed to, I have no idea what we're going to do. When do you head out to your next duty station? (Korea, right?)

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

Love your office! So fun!