Wednesday, March 12, 2014

This and That

Are any of you still adjusting to this hour we lost over the weekend?  I know I am.  As a born and bred Hoosier, we never had DST growing up.  I know, weird, right?  But to us, it was normal.  And I loved not having to worry about it.  My first experience with it was when I lived in Germany, and I was so freaked out that I would never get the time right.  Obviously, I did, but it took a few times for me to feel comfortable.  Now that we are back in the states, we still have to deal with it.  I was just getting used to waking up in the daylight and now, bam, it's pitch black again.  Not. A. Fan.

It was a beautiful, glorious day yesterday.  So good, we had to go out for a little al fresco dining happy hour.  It was great.  It was just what I needed.  I had the top down on my car and flip flops on my feet.  I think it got up to 82 degrees.  Today?  I woke up and it was 34.  Womp, womp.  So rather than be depressing, I'll share a picture from yesterday.

Houlihans happy hour food is legit.  Their drinks?  Not so much.  Went for the old faithful wine, but I was really in the mood for a cocktail.  But, look at Joel!  Outside in short sleeves?!  Yesterday was legit.

I even went for a run.  Yeah, that happened.  It's been forever, and even though it was a beautiful day, I was seriously hurting at the end of the 30 minutes.  Time to get in the swing of things.  Since I stopped seeing the chiro, I am trying to incorporate fitness back into my routine.  It's been hard, quite frankly.  I've been so, for lack of a better term, lazy.  I used the excuse of being told to not exercise a little too seriously, but hopefully I can work on that.  I am also starting weigh-in Wednesdays back up after my upcoming trip, but will try to update here and there on my journey.

On another note, I am getting injections on Friday to try and help my headaches/migraines.  I am scared out of my mind.  I have a slight phobia of needles as it is, and my doctor told me that there are 30 injection sites, and it will take 40-60 minutes for the whole process.  I really, really hope that this works.  I feel like I am running out of options at this point, and I am tired of having a serious headache every day of my life.  SO if you could, say a little prayer for me Friday afternoon.  I asked for some Valium ahead of time, and she e-mailed me back asking if breathing exercises would work.  I really hope that she's kidding.

And for no other reason, here's a cute picture of our foster dog.  Isn't he the wrinkliest thing ever?  Jabba the Hut, anyone?


Jen said...

I would like all that food please lol.

reccewife said...

Oh my, that food looks amazing and that dog..... heehee, such a giggle, he must be a riot to foster!
Hope the injections are helpful and not terrifying!

Anonymous said...

I hope the injections went okay. I can't believe how much the temperature dropped! 82 to 34? Crazy!