It's finally Friday! That means that I officially have less than two weeks before I am back in the states. I know, crazy, right? I will miss Germany so much! But, we hope to keep on traveling and I pray that one day we will be stationed back overseas. Stay tuned!
Thanks always to the awesome Wife of a Sailor for hosting my favorite Friday Fill-in. Well, here goes!
1. When you vacation what type of vacation do you like to take (beach, historic, adventurous, food oriented, etc.)? submitted by Megan Dub-Yuh
Umm...all of the above! My favorite trips include the Maldives for our honeymoon (totally a tropical paradise), my Tudor touring of Kent, England (for the history geek in me), Ireland (to hike in the Killarney mountains and go puffin watching), and Italy (with the best food I have ever eaten). I am an equal opportunist traveler, and other than extreme kind of sports things (skydiving...yikes!) I am up for anything!
2. What is your best memory associated with a song (you know we all have tons!)? submitted by Ramblings of a Marine Wife
God Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts. Kind of cheesy, but it is Joel and I's song. Just reminds me that even though life can get tough, it straightens out when you least expect it.
3. If you had six months with no obligations or financial constraints, what would you do with your time? submitted by Married to the Army
Travel, travel, and more travel. I love it, and would go to the Baltic states, the Galapagos Islands, to see the fall foliage in the Northeast, viist Hawaii and Alaska, go to New Zealand and Australia...the list goes on and on.
4. What is one thing about you that people do NOT typically notice at first that you wish they would? submitted by Our Motto is Patience
Wow, this is a hard one! Umm...I guess it is the fact that I am not just an Air Force wife. We meet a lot of military folks, and no one ever asks what I do for a living or what I studied in school, just my husband. I just wish that they would understand that I am me, too, and not just a reflection of my husband.
5. It’s a summer of sequels, and if you had to live in one of each of the following “worlds” (there are three total) which would you choose and why? …. submitted by The Three Turners
–X-Men: Be a Mutant, what would your power be? Maybe Mirage. She was capable of casting mental illusions, communicating with animals, and sensing upcoming death.
–Harry Potter: Be a Witch or Muggle? Never seen it, so I have no idea.
–Twilight: Be a Vampire or Werewolf? This is so hard! As a vampire, it would be awesome to stay young and beautiful forever, but the whole drinking blood thing is a huge no-no. Maybe if they merged with True Blood and I could drink synthetic blood. But if not, I would have to pick werewolf, so I would always be warm and able to be out and about during the day.