Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Deal, Sandwich, and Herne Bay - England!

Well, here comes another round of England photos!  It was ages ago when I actually went, so as a little recap, I traveled to Kent, England, for a week to visit some of the historical sights that I read about in college.  I heart England, and would live there in a heartbeat if I could.  So, here is a recap of the first leg of the trip...in pictures!

Deal Castle, a defense fortress from the time of Henry VIII.  It was built in the shape of the Tudor Rose.

Me at Walmer Castle, about ten minutes from Deal.  It is another of Henry VIII's castles.

Another shot of Walmer Castle.

 A shot of the cute little town of Sandwich.

Why not have a sandwich in Sandwich?

A shot of Herne Bay,

Loving the British humor!

Fish, chips, and mushy peas...yes, please!

Nothing beats fresh seafood right out of the ocean!  Yummers!

No comments: