Friday, January 28, 2011

Blizzard Blog Hop!

Hi!  I am so excited to do the Blizzard Blog Hop!  Thanks for stopping by.  My name is Kristen, and this is my blog!
I am newly married to my husband, Joel, who I met while working in Germany, where I have lived for the past (almost seven years.  He is in the United States Air Force, and because of him, I will (sadly) be leaving Germany this summer.  I don’t know where yet, but we should find out next month!
I love to travel, read, and experience, well…life!  I have become a wine lover since moving to Germany, and even went after a degree in History due to my fascination of all of the traveling I have done.  I am starting to try and do the domestic thing, often trying new recipes out and testing them on my friends.  So far so good!
I also have a love of animals.  I have a wonderful old pug named Pugsley who I adopted when I lived back in my hometown in Indiana, and a cat who thinks he’s a dog named Jaeger, thanks to my new home in Germany.  They act like real life brothers, and I just love them to pieces.  I hope to add a new doggy baby to my family once I move back to the good ole USA.  I also plan on starting my Master’s in Education, as I hope to teach Special Education.  My sister is special needs, and I have always felt sort of called to help more in that area.  I think teaching just might be it!
I am just a down home Hoosier that tries to make the best out of life.  I am pretty casual, very silly at times, and very loyal!  It was very nice to "meet" all of you!

4 comments:

MooAtU2 said...

Hey, just stopping in to say Hi. I'm glad Germany has made you a wine lover- and it's so reasonably priced here too! We went to a wine festival after we first moved here and had a great time- can't wait to hit up more this fall! Here's to hoping your next duty station is just as fun! :-)

Angie said...

Hi!! Just joined bloghop and its nice to meet you!! My dad was career AF and I spent 6 years as an AF wife. Feel free to stop by my blog anytime!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Nice to meet you. Good luck with the Special education degree. They always need good teachers.

Mimi N said...

Congrats on the wedding! Please tell your husband "Thank You for serving" from my family. I visited Germany once when I was a teen...years ago!! My oldest is going to school to be a teacher N works at a high functioning special needs home and loves it!

Nice 2 meet U from the blog hop.

~Mimi @ Woven by Words #224