Friday, September 17, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-in!

Well, I feel like I am batting .500 with this fill in.  I love doing it, so as my husband says, as long as you are at least .500 you're not failing.  So...here goes!

1.  How do you spend your deployment money, do you save, pay off bills or enjoy the extra money while it is there to buy the things you do not normally have? (from Troop Petrie)


2. If you could relive one occasion or moment, what would it be? (from Currently on Land)


Gosh, I really have no idea.  There are many moments that I have enjoyed throughout my life.  I think it would probably have to be the day I got married.  I know, cheesy, but I don't really think I ever stopped to really breathe it all in.  Joel looked wonderful in his uniform, and I don't think I ever took the time to truly admire him and the love we were sharing that day.  Our wedding was very intimate and small, and I had the opportunity, but I overwhelmed myself with the small details.  But, it was still wonderful :)

3. What’s the worst job you ever had and if it was so bad why did you take it? (from Faith and Deploying)

I worked at Liquid Transport Corp. and I hated it!  I was a scanner, so all I did all day was scan documents and classify them.  And, I was young, and worked with a lot of older ladies that I felt just wanted to act like my mother.  Needless to say I did NOT work there very long.

4. If you could play any character on TV, who would you be?  (from Many Waters)

Probably Lilly from How I Met Your Mother.  Grant it, I am only just starting season three, but so far she married the love of her life, has incredible friends that are always there for her when she needs them, got her chance to "find herself" and realized that she already had, and gets to live in an amazing city!  Plus, she seems to love her job and appreciate her family.  Sounds good to me!

5. If you could become the world’s expert in something, what would it be? (from Army of Two)

Finding true happiness.  I think when a person is truly happy with who they are and what they have, then they will be the best at what they are/have to give.  So, I guess the world's best life coach!  LOL!!!
Being newlyweds, we haven't gone through a deployment yet together with joint funds, so I cna only answer this one as a hypothetical.  Joel goes TDY a lot and, when he does, we don't spend the money any differently.  We have money in a "fun fund" and long term savings, as well as both of our retirement accounts.  We would probably split the extra money into the two different savings accounts (fun and long term) evenly like we do with his TDY money.

No comments: