Thanks to Wife of a Sailor as always for posting this. It sure is fun! And, when I feel overwhelmed with, well...lief, it still gives me a chance to blog.
So, without further ado...
1. What characteristic about yourself has either been strengthened or weakened due to your experience as a Military Spouse? (from The Albrecht Squad)
I am one of those people that loathe change. Well, the only constant in the military IS change. So, I believe the military has strengthened and weakened this. I feel like I am better about accepting change, but at the same time, it makes me nervous. For example, we will be PCSing next summer, and we won't know where we will be going until early next year, and I am researching the top two choices like crazy!
2. What is your favorite vacation spot and why? (from ‘Tis the Life of the Army Wife)
Anywhere in the U.K.! I loved my time in Scotland, England, and Ireland. So much that I really would like to get stationed there someday. Yes the food isn't great and the weather could always be nicer, but it is just a beautiful place where you could do nothing at all or everything and be just as content. The people are great and the scenery is to die for. I plan on going back at least once more before we leave Germany. Fingers crossed!!!
3. If you could have any fast-food restaurant in the food court on base/post what would you pick? (from The Only Pink in a House of Blue)
Starbucks! Ok, that isn't fair because it isn't a restaurant, but the closest one is an hour away (I know, OMG!) and the German ones don't carry Pumpkin Spiced Lattes, which is a fall favorite of mine. So, to go back to the original question, a Steak N Shake. I could really go for a steak burger and some shoestring fries right now.
4. Where did you go on your honeymoon? (from Pennies from Heaven)
Our honeymoon will be in January, because we decided we would rather have a tropical getaway in the winter versus the summer, and so we will be in the sunny Maldives! It is located in the Indian Ocean and is a sunny 80-ish degrees all year round. I can not wait!
5. If you could have any job in the world regardless of money, degree or experience, which job would you have and why? (from Proud to Be a Navy Family and The Calm Before The Storm)
It would be a critic. I love visiting new places and traveling, eating out, and seeing movies, so I would love to have my own magazine or website where I was paid to do these things. Plus, I am sure some of my friends are tired of me trying to plan their vacations for them!