Thursday, August 30, 2012

Writing Funk

So, if you can't tell by my super creative title, I have been in a writing funk lately.  Not just blogging, although I am sorry about that, I am also talking about writing professionally and personally.  I feel a lack of creativity in my schoolwork, at my job, at home...and I'm not sure why.  I hope to snap out of it, because I normally love writing, but I can't even think of something witty to say on Facebook.  And my twitter followers (all, like, 10 of them) probably think I've died.  So, in an attempt to get my groove back, I am starting with this blog post.

And can I just say, I love my blog?  Because I do.  I know I know a few of my followers in real life, for the most part the people that I interact with on a consistent basis don't know that my blog exists.  And with good reason.  I feel like I can't really express myself or complain about things on facebook because of all the judgement that comes my way.  I am even on a message board where I tend to keep my controversial opinions to myself to not offend somebody.  But here, I can be real and serious or I can be lighthearted and talk about food and travel.  I love that.  I can really express myself here.  So thanks to those of you that hold on through the good and the snarky posts.

With all of that out of the way, I am so glad that I will have three whole days off coming up!  Sure, two of them are the normal two days I get, but there's something magical about a three day weekend.  It seems more relaxing and much longer, and hey, who doesn't like a Monday off?  I started back school this week, and am happy to report I won't have classes on Monday, either.  I am doing a happy dance on the inside.  Maybe I can work on my "101 in the 'Lou" list a little bit...

No comments: