Monday, February 27, 2012

Normalcy?

Well, we have been back for a few days now, and some normalcy has set in.  We ran long overdue errands this weekend, I got caught up on schoolwork, we had morning coffee in the sun room with our pups, and Joel prepared for work this week.  All was fairly normal. except for that last part.  D-Day (ish) is upon us, and we are doing our best in the midst of chaos to handle it.  Do deployments suck?  You bet they do.  But, I am trying not to let that weigh me down.  Sure, he is going to miss my birthday, his birthday, our anniversary, and lots of other days, but we still have each other, and he will come home.  I need to stay busy with school, work, and the pups.  Plus, I am going to try to get my fitness on (didn't I say that before? hmm...) and try to work on some self improvements.

Wish me luck that the tearful goodbye isn't quite so tearful and that Joel makes it off without a hitch.  I will update once both of those have been accomplished.

2 comments:

Mrs. F said...

Hang in there! You seem to have a great attitude and it sounds like you have a lot to keep you busy to pass the time. We are 3 months into Deployment and I'm counting down the days to R&R. Stay strong!

Preppy Girl Meets World said...

You and me are in the same boat sister. T leaves in less than a month. Welp. :( He's going to be missing both our birthdays and first anniversary. Not too thrilled about that one.