Friday, January 20, 2012

Gleetastic!

I know I am due to post about a ton of updates and reviews, but I have something I wanna talk about, and that's one of my favorite shows, Glee.  I love Lea Michelle, I love musical theater, and I love Becky, the Cheerio that has become Sue Sylvester's number two gal.

I also love that the show is talking about something real and something that I am very passionate about.  Becky has down syndrome.  This week's episode brought to the surface that people with disabilities are still people, with their own thoughts and feelings.  I am going to school right now to be a Special Education teacher, and I wish that more people understood that about these kids.  They laugh, love, and feel.  And they hurt.  There is a movement called Spread the Word to End the Word.  Check it out, google it, friend it on Facebook, and realize that words hurt.  Please.

2 comments:

Preppy Girl Meets World said...

I love Glee too! I thought this last episode was one of the best they've had in a while. I really really loved the "Summer Loving" number.

My sorority's two national philanthropies (the Special Olympics and the S. June Smith Center) both support people with developmental disabilities and I heard about this campaign last year through ASA. I think it's a wonderful thing.

Cindy said...

Hi Kristen! I just wanted to let you know I never received an email from you about winning your giveaway.